Instant Pot Egg Bites (Starbucks Knock-Offs)
- Blend 3 large eggs with up to 1/2-3/4 cup soft cheese for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Into the egg mix add up to 1/4 cup hard shredded cheese and up to 1/2 cup of other diced/minced add-ins (meats, veggies, whatever). Add salt if needed. (I did all of the final combining directly in the blender jar then poured from the blender carafe to fill the molds. The heavier add-ins had settled to the bottom of the blender, be aware that might happen. You may want to save a little extra room in each egg cup for the heavy stuff just in case.)
- Lightly oil or spray the egg mold, place on a trivet with handles, and fill to within 1/4″-1/2″ of the tops of the cups.
- Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot. Place the egg mold and trivet into the Instant Pot. Cover the egg mold with parchment, foil, or the egg mold cover.
- Cook 8 minutes at low pressure. Manual release pressure after 5 additional minutes. (I used the Soup setting on our 6 quart Instant Pot and set the pressure to low.)
- Invert onto a plate.
The basis of the recipe is here at Simply Recipes.
The egg bites in picture above have smoked ham and fresh chives. They also contain 1/2 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar that I chunked up and blended briefly, and a couple of tablespoons of sour cream. The bites didn’t need additional salt. I’ve read that cottage cheese is often used, but we didn’t have that in the house.
The egg bites were very tasty and pretty easy. We’ll definitely be making these again.
I encourage everyone to boycott Starbucks. The Seattle-area community gave Howard Schultz boatloads of money and he rewarded us by selling the Sonics to outside interests that moved the team to Oklahoma City. Schultz is not an admirable person.